We provide competitively priced Domestic/Residential EPCs to:
Estate Agents - Letting Agents – Solicitors - Property Developers – Landlords - Home Information Pack (HIP) Providers and Individual Vendors
FH Energy Ltd is committed to setting the standard for reliability, efficiency, quality and professionalism for the Energy Performance Certificate (EPC) Sector to follow.
In association with Advantage Energy Assessors Ltd we provide a truly local service throughout Lincolnshire, aiming to be the local market's 1st choice Independent EPC provider. Trust us to build and provide a lasting and sustainable relationship to meet your exacting requirements.
Energy Performance Certificates (EPCs)
A Brief Guide For Landlords
- From the 1st October 2008, an EPC will be required whenever a building in the social or private rented sectors is let to a new tenant.
- Landlords must provide an EPC free of charge to prospective tenants at the earliest opportunity and must provide a copy of the EPC to the person who takes up the tenancy.
- An EPC is not required for any property that was occupied prior to 1 October 2008 and which continues to be occupied after that date by the same tenant.
- However, landlords may commission EPCs for these dwellings if they wish.
- The EPC shows two things – the Energy Efficiency Rating (relating to running costs) and the Environmental Impact Rating (relating to the carbon dioxide emissions) of a dwelling. Each rating is shown on an A–G rating scale similar to those used for fridges and other electrical appliances.
The rating is accompanied by a recommendation report that shows how to improve the dwelling’s energy efficiency. These two elements together form the EPC and the complete document must be provided to the new tenant.
- There is no statutory requirement to carry out any of the recommended energy efficiency measures stated in the recommendation report.
- An EPC for rented property is valid for ten years.
- The only person who is able to produce an Energy Performance Certificate is an accredited energy assessor.